Mississippi Center for Legal Services (MCLSC) is seeking a
Staff Attorney for its Gulfport and Jackson offices to work statewide in
providing legal assistance primarily in the areas of foreclosure prevention and
mortgage loan modification.
Qualifications and Responsibilities include, but are not
necessarily limited to the following:
- Must be licensed to practice law in the state of
- At least three years of law practice experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational, networking, and
- Demonstrated ability to work in collaboration across
organizational boundaries to achieve agreed upon goals
- Commitment to the mission of Mississippi Center for
- Experience in foreclosure, housing, and consumer law
Support the work of MCLSC, with particular emphasis on
legal assistance to clients in foreclosure prevention under the National
Foreclosure Settlement, including but not necessarily limited to:
- Negotiation and litigation with various levels of
- Civil and appellate litigation in state and federal
- Open government and public records work under federal
and state law
- Alternate dispute resolution
- Representation of individuals with foreclosure and
other legal issues related to foreclosure (pre, current, post) actions by
banks and other lending institutions faced by home owners in Mississippi.
Salary depending on experience; paid vacation and sick
leave; medical, dental, and life insurance.
Open until filled.
Send resume, writing sample, and three (3) letters of
Sam H. Buchanan, Jr.
Executive Director Administration
P.O. Drawer 1728
Hattiesburg, MS 39403
601-545-2950, extension 2616
MCLSC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
MCLSC is a non-profit organization providing free civil
legal assistance primarily to eligible low income persons within 43 counties in